Thursday, July 24, 2008

First draft on my Position Paper.

Today we had our tutorial with Mr Omid at usual at FPP 219A. We were supposed to submit our first draft of our thesis statement today to our tutor. Mr Omid started the class by discussing various thesis statements presented by my course mates and myself and we learned on how to create a good and specific thesis statement through the examination of the various thesis statements presented in the class. What is important in writing a thesis statement is that the statement must be supported with not one, but many supporting details. A good thesis statement also needs to be specific and not general. Mr Omid told us that it is not a must that a good thesis statement will guarantee us a good grade in our position paper as a good position paper depends very much on how far and how well we can elaborate our supporting details in supporting our thesis statement and on how strong we can convince the readers on our thesis statement. I had presented my first draft today in the class and I know that there is still a lot of things that I need to improve on my position paper.

No comments: